> | | > Never back down!

Never back down!

Posted on Sunday, July 15, 2012 | No Comments

Browsing around on Pinterest, these looked like a good idea.


I had also recently seen a pin to make your own Mod Podge. So now I'm going to describe to you what happened.

I started by mixing up my mod podge. The instructions said 50% glue and 50% water. 


Well there must be some other magical ingredient because mine was so liquidy that when I tried to brush it on, it just ran everywhere.

But I didn't let that stop me. Oh no. I shook the glitter all over that bad boy, pulled off the tape and let it sit there to dry. After about 15 minutes, I tried applying another layer ON TOP of the glitter to sort of seal everything in. This was when I realized things were going poorly.

As I was brushing, I was just smooshing the glitter all over the place. I decided to scrap it, because it was just not working out for me. Time for a better solution.

I found an old friend. A trusted ally.


This bottle must have been sitting there for a while, because it didn't want to come out of the bottle. It also REALLY didn't want to be spread with a paintbrush, but that's what I had so that's what I did. Then I shook some more glitter and pulled off the tape. This is what I'm left with.


...The mod podge mess needs to be cleaned up. And I need to find a sealing idea. But other than that, things might be okay. Because they really couldn't have gone worse.

Leave a Reply

I'd love to hear what you think! Please leave me a comment or question!

Powered by Blogger.